Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Not to long ago I was totally oblivious to the latest trend in online journaling. They call these online journals blogs. The amazing thing to me is that the majority of bloggers are teenagers or young twenty something’s that write in these online arenas on a daily basis. The topics range from salon talk, tech talk, politics, war, religion, law, schools and you name it. It’s all there at the tip of your fingers. What captured my attention was the fact that people spend exorbitant amounts of time writing out their thoughts for the entire world to read. Many of them are painfully honest, while others are a collection of wasted time writing on topics such as the “Top Ten Best Punky Brewster Episodes” or “Cats: The Best Breads”.

It made me think about my desire to trace the heart beat of my thoughts and attitudes. I’ve never really possessed the spiritual discipline of journaling. But leave it up to contemporary culture to make a spiritual discipline now trendy. Blogging… I caught myself writing again on things that don’t truly alter the world much to things that grip my heart. I hope this latest trend can teach me how to capture the essense of my desire to pursue my heavenly Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home